Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Not Black & White

I know that abortion is a very delicate subject, but I don't think it's as black and white as this blog makes it seem. I agree with the fact that there are a lot of women being careless with having the option of abortion and I don't think abortion should be used as a way out of taking responsibility for your actions. I completely agree that it's a little ridiculous that in Texas all a girl under 18 has to do is "tell" her parents. There really are better options such as adoption, which is a great alternative for anyone, especially someone under 18.

Having said that, I do disagree with the author about making ALL abortions illegal. I say this because there are circumstances where it should be a choice. What about women who are raped and get pregnant? Are they supposed to carry a child they didn't want in the first place and give it up for adoption in the end? Let's not forget the women who might potentially die from having a child or even the child itself might die in the end. Do these women not get a choice at all?

I see the point being made here, abortion is murder, and it shouldn't be optional for everyone just as way out. I just think there were other points that should have been taken into consideration before coming to the conclusion of banning all abortions.

No comments: